Muscle Protein Buckeyes, the Peanut Butter Version
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vanilla Whey Protein Platinum
1/8 cup ground almonds
1-3 tsp of almond milk* (start off by adding 1 tsp of milk, try to bind your
mixture into a dough using your hands, and then add another tsp until you get
a nice playdough-y dough; it’s better to add the milk just gradually and adapt
how much you need as you go along because how much you need depends
on the kind of nut butter you use)
1/8 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until you get a nice and thick play
doughy consistency that you can roll into balls. If your dough is too wet or
sticky, add more of the ground almonds. If it’s too dry and crumbly, add a tiny
bit more of the milk (paying attention to the note in the ingredients above).
2. Using your hands, roll your dough into 8-10 balls, or truffles.
3. Melt your dark chocolate and dunk your truffles using a small spoon or a
toothpick. Leave a bit of the ball uncoated – that’s the ‘eye’ of the buck.
4. Leave them to set in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 10 minutes.
Macros per buckeye, out of ten: 65kcals, 5g protein, 1g carbs, 4g fat
1. If you want to make your buckeyes dairy-free, go for it! Just use our
Platinum Vegan Protein, make sure you use just 1/8 cup of the pea and 1/4
of the ground almonds, plus a bit more milk to ensure you reach a nice and
doughy consistency. Go ahead and add some stevia drops too so that your
truffle filling is nice and sweet.
2. If you want to make double chocolate buckeyes, you can! Simply add cocoa
powder to your filling along with a tiny bit more dairy-free or regular milk. You
can make a strawberry version by blending in some strawberry powder into
your batter too. Or you can make a version with cinnamon, or with vanilla
essence; you can also bind your mixture with coffee instead of milk for that
extra punch of coffee… POW!