How drinking more water can help you lose weight!
Did you know that drinking water may help a person to lose weight? Here is how:
- Water can help to fill the stomach, which makes the brain think the stomach is full. So before reaching for something to eat, have a glass of water first instead. This may curb your appetite.
- Drinking a glass of water before consuming food may help to decrease food intake.
- Drinking water, especially cold water, burns calories during the digestion process, as the body has to expend energy to heat the water to body temperature.
- Water is zero calories, so instead of hydrating with a high-calorie drink, swap it for a glass of water instead and don't add to your daily calorie intake.
- Water actually metabolises stored fat and carbohydrates. This process is called hydrolysis, and it uses water molecules to burn off fat.
- Water helps to remove waste from the body. When we are dehydrated the kidneys retain fluid and the body does not remove waste effectively, leading to feeling bloated, which increases size to the waist.
- Drinking water also helps during exercise. Being hydrated decreases fatigue, allowing a longer workout and more calorie burning.
So, there you have it! If you are on a mission to lose weight, make sure you are drinking enough water in your day (at least 2 litres per day).
On a side note, if you are looking for a super low calorie sports drink to aid in rehydration, try our BCAA Intra Workout. This product is high in amino acids which increases fat oxidation!